Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

To those that remember me and helped me out... my bike is running SO well thanks to your help, I actually decided to keep it. I'm still buying a Heritage Springer in March, but I'm keeping my 81 Goldwing as well...

.... and doing a full cafe racer theme over the holiday break

.... and it's going quite well.

except today, I received my new 11.25" shocks to lower the bike. I was so excited, until I realized that the eyelet holes on the shocks I bought are way too small.

I "think" the correct eyelet size is about 1/2"?? But I'm not sure. The shocks I got were about a 3/8".

What is the CORRECT size eyelet bolt hole on shocks for an 81 Goldwing? What should I be looking/asking for? Obviously I have to send these back, but I'm not exactly sure what to tell the seller I need, and I can't seem to find any info on what the correct diameter is.

Please help. Thanks!

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

Do they have a steel bushing inside a rubber bushing that you could push out and the rubber fit the stud? The left lower end is a smaller hole for the 10mm bolt that goes through it.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I've already switched from the air ride set, to a "spring" set, before realizing I wanted to go lower.

I have the reducer sleeve that came on the left lower shock mount.

So the lower left is 10mm. Does that mean that the other 3 mounts are 12mm?

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

The other studs are 16mm (5/8").

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

so... one is 10mm, and the rest are 16mm?

Not trying to sound stupid, just want top be able to clarify what I need to the seller.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I got em :) I just took your advice and popped out the center sleeves and rubber mounted them on the studs... worked like a charm ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.