Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick one, if anyone has a terminally rusty 2 piece rear mudguard and is looking to replace, then the following may be of interest

the rear mudguard of a yamaha xv750 circa 1995 is a pretty good fit, 3 holes need to be drilled, 2 at frame/rear carrier and one in the centre of the guard where the carrier mounts onto the original guard

the original rear light can then be mounted, there are 3 holes that either need filling or rubber grommets.

the result looks like it was made for the wing

how did i get to have a xv750 rear fender, i have a 85 with a chrome fender and bought this to replace as it was painted but they have different mounts, lucky i did as its all turned out right

anyone interested will try and post photos

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
A useful tip thanks Phil, especially for UK or Irish Wingers, with less options available than perhaps the US members have. :claps:

I am sure that a picture or two might well be appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks pete, will try and get to goldie's lair this evening with a camera, the bike is an aspencade 1982 so has all the boxes (though at the moment she is very naked as she's having a re-paint

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok been out to the shed and managed to get a few photo's, if one comes through with a blue n white dress thats just something i'm listing on ebay for her indoors, not into that sort of thing an its not my size anyway !

in case anyone is wondering what the green hose pipe is for, my engine breather used to end coating the air filter in oil and gassing me with fumes when stood at lights so i thought i would try the old triumph bonnie trick of a piece of pipe to the end of the frame

all the chrome by the way has been powder coated gold and the new colour scheme will be black and gold

anyone know how to attach photo's on this new site ? used to be easy and I'm not usually stumped but this one has got me

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
This new version of the site is dreadful for that Phil, the best I can manage is some small images that then have to be clicked on to open them up. Only a few people have mastered the fine art of posting them up in a size that is any use.
It is rubbish now I am afraid. :lash:As you say, it used to be easy even for someone like me who is not computer savvy. :sadguy:

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok if i click on to attach an image it asks for a url, so it must be assuming it is downloading from the internet, my pictures are not on the internet

therefore short of sending to the goldwing site for someone to attach to my email, dont see how I can do it

if anyone wants pictures send me a pm and i'll email them to you

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sussed it, you can't use quick reply, it has to be the main reply page and you then use the attachments option

god this is harder than being at work, second guessing websites and the net:)
oh dear no attachment must try harder

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tried again and now it says i need a security token ?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Yep, it has to be the crappiest photo system on the Internet. I go to a number of other sites and nowhere is adding photos as hard as on here. Not suitable for the layman whatsoever.
Oh to have the old system back where we just put them in a gallery and then used the G button to simply get them into a post.:lash:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.