Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are the saddle bag stays ( the part that mounts to the bike and holds the saddle bags) the same on a 82 GL1100 as the 83 GL1100?

Thanks,

Billy

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

should be four 10 mm bolts, 2 no at the back & 2 on the base attach to rear crashbars.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Yes. As far as the differences in the rear chrome bars between the '82 and '83 should only be the top bracket that holds the trunk. On the '83 it sits back 2 inches rearward.

Raymond

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The saddlebag subframes are the same for all 1100s. Only the trunk one is different for the later ones like Raymond says and if you have a early gl1100 it's worth getting the later mount as it gives the pillion passenger more room. The grab handle on the 83 is shaped slightly different as well.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks to all. I will get it ordered.

Billy

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Are you needing some saddle bag mounting stuff? I have a parts '81 Interstate in the driveway, and parts that I don't need are cheap. Let me know if I can help you out.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I'll keep that in mind. I have ordered both side, said to be in good condition, for a total of $45 dollars. Seems like a good price. They are going for $150 each new.

Thanks,

Billy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.