Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

It's surprising how little of a corner or speed it takes to scrape the centerstand when the rear shocks decide to let go.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I was pretty surprised too. I was kind of embarrassed the first time it happened as I was ironically passing by a Harley shop here in town. D'oh! Not saying anything about Harleys, but I wouldn't expect that from my well engineered Honda. It was when I first got the bike and I didn't know how where to set the rear air...or at least I had it too low.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

Has anyone yet made foot peg scraping pads from magnesium?
The "close call" indicator bolt under the peg is disaapearing fast. I´ve had my bike just two weeks now and half the bolt is gone - and I DO KNOW how to raise the rear suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
imported post

dannyeod wrote:
kyboy67 wrote:
The one thing I found that usally stops mine from scraping,is a good smack to the back of the head from the wife.......:D:D:D:Dusally works everytime for me..
same here!!!:D:D:D:D
It also helps to stay off the brakes, the shafties tend to squat a bit under braking...:gunhead:

·
Administrator
27,938 Posts
imported post

ollka wrote:
Has anyone yet made foot peg scraping pads from magnesium?
The "close call" indicator bolt under the peg is disaapearing fast. I´ve had my bike just two weeks now and half the bolt is gone - and I DO KNOW how to raise the rear suspension.
There is someone on the 1800 forum GL1800Riders that sell them made from titanium. I am using some large head steel screws I had from installing bed covers on Honda Ridgelines.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
you leaving this???

And look at his patch, it's a fireman!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
I've scrapped the center stand before once when Bagmaster and his lovely wife Linda were showing Tracy and me around their neck of the woods, Linda looked back when it happened and there I was with a sh*@ eatin' grin and Tracy on the back yelling in the intercomm to stop playing around like that:D:cheeky1::D:action:
Hey, come on back and we'll do it again. In fact I've been practicing some and my cornering skills have increased a bunch!!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

dannyeod wrote:
kyboy67 wrote:
The one thing I found that usally stops mine from scraping,is a good smack to the back of the head from the wife.......:D:D:D:Dusally works everytime for me..
same here!!!:D:D:D:D
Me too...
I use to scrape my center stand all the time. It has finially ground down to the point where it only does it if I really pitch the 1100 over.
James

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Man, that is one heck of alot of sparks. I hope you have a good petcock. Its true the 15000 sits much lower than the 1100's and 1200s. How much weight were you carying? Hot pic!
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
Man, that is one heck of alot of sparks. I hope you have a good petcock. Its true the 15000 sits much lower than the 1100's and 1200s. How much weight were you carying? Hot pic!
Nightrider1
He said ****.

Mine used to scrape on every turn, but now I don't here a sound.

Anyone have any used footboards for sale:D:D

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,675 Posts
imported post

Look at her face, she is thoroughly enjoying the ride :cool:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

If you have an aftermarket exhaust, it will make the center stand protrude down lower than the stock ones. My B-I-L has that prob with his. He never scraped until after replacing the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
imported post

My 1200 center stand used to scrape often .... then I added a second spring to the other side. Tab was there on both sides, but just one spring? :?

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i admit too that on a hard lean more towards the rh side on a heavy curve i'll scrape a bit

but ive become accustomed to it and expect it on hard turns so just be awware and try to adjust if you can.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

I think I saw a pic of this couple with out her on the bike, was the pic or two after the one that shows her leg up. Makes you wonder if she got tossed off

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

+1 on the riding position. I realize these are not sport bikes . but if your cornning hard you gotta get down lean inand forward.

Wilf

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.