Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi I am the njroadrat andbrand new to this forum. Ijust put my '84 standard on the road and am diggin' it! Does anyone know if the gl1100 seat interchanges as I like the look alot better than The stockgl1200 saddle. Thanks

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey njroadrat :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Some years the front brackets were different you'll have to look and see?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I've seen the 1200 saddle fitted to a gl1100, but a couple of adapter brackets had to be made first. Not a big job I'm sure and it might be worth it if you prefer the look of the older saddle. You might consider just getting hold of a saddle off a 1987 gl1200 instead. It's a straight fit and is far bigger and more comfy than the 1984 seat.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I've seen a couple of 87 saddles on EBay these last few months. They do crop up so keep an eye out. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks everyone for responding, not really looking for comfort, but looks; the stock seat while comfy looks too damn big. I do have a plan though, would like to post a pic of my bike sometime. Oh yeah, went to the hill climb in Freemansburg PA today, very cool...:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.