Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm a big fat guy and I have an '81 Goldwing. After a while, my rear gets sore because there's not enough padding for my ample backside. Is there a resonable aftermarket seat manufacturer that makes an oversized seat for an 1100?? Thanks for any help!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

sydfan wrote:
I'm a big fat guy and I have an '81 Goldwing. After a while, my rear gets sore because there's not enough padding for my ample backside. Is there a resonable aftermarket seat manufacturer that makes an oversized seat for an 1100?? Thanks for any help!
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Website in the Known World sydfan!:waving::waving:

Check out: http://www.saddlemen.com/roadsofa_goldwing.html

http://www.corbin.com/honda/gwmenu.shtml

These are to who manufacture seats there are others too. However when you say reasonable that depends on your definition. None of the are cheap.

I've got an Air Rider insert in the seat of my bike, the guy I bought if from was about 6'3 and weighed 275 or so. He'd had it installed inside the seat. I think it's helpful, I change the airpressure when my butt gets tired and the different feel helps, you can start working on getting another area sore instead. The insert isn't cheap either though. Here's their website:

http://www.airrider.com/store/product.php?id=89

Part of the problem for me is the same deal as with my mountain bike. I used to live in Alaska so didn't ride the bicycle during the winter. The first two weeks of the season were hell, the backside had to toughen up all over again, I walked like a Texan arriving in Salina Kansas after a cattle drive.I don't know how long you and your bike seat have known each other but perhaps if it isn't long you anatomy and the bike will come to some compromise.

:jumper::15red::jumper:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

The Roadsofa is a monster, looks great on the gl1100. I've seen used ones on Ebay before, if you get the wrong colour you can easily get it recovered by an auto upholsterer.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I just came back from California last week. While there I visited the Corbin factory and they made a real nice dual-touringseat while I waited. I got to tour the plant and actually got to watch them make my seat! It was made fromraw materialsbefore my eyes.

Really nice bunch of people there and very reasonable for what I got. I ended up with a nice big leather-covered dual saddle with built-in mounting hardware for driver and passenger backrests (didn't get the backrests yet),trimmed to match my bike for just over $200. Since I was at the plant they had me test fit the saddle before putting the cover on, and shaved the foam here and there until I was satisfied that it would be comfortable.

Pretty good for a custom leather seat.

They even paid for lunch while I was waiting!

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

sydfan wrote:
I'm a big fat guy and I have an '81 Goldwing. After a while, my rear gets sore because there's not enough padding for my ample backside.
Hey sydfan :waving: Welcome to the forum. :clapper: Please update your profile and let us see your LOCATION. :stumped: Hope you get your seat sorted. :jumper:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

My New seat is a Hartco from the states, it's a full King/Queen with drivers backrest and matching cover for the original passanger backrest. I believe they do them for the 1100 aswell try contacting this guy......

Mike McCook at [email protected]

He runs a saddlery and isa very helpful and friendly chap.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I just came back from California last week. While there I visited the Corbin factory and they made a real nice dual-touringseat while I waited. I got to tour the plant and actually got to watch them make my seat! It was made fromraw materialsbefore my eyes.

Really nice bunch of people there and very reasonable for what I got. I ended up with a nice big leather-covered dual saddle with built-in mounting hardware for driver and passenger backrests (didn't get the backrests yet),trimmed to match my bike for just over $200. Since I was at the plant they had me test fit the saddle before putting the cover on, and shaved the foam here and there until I was satisfied that it would be comfortable.Pretty good for a custom leather seat. They even paid for lunch while I was waiting!
Nice looking seat Marco, were you holding a gun when you got it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.