Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently had to replace my clutch cable. It has been hard getting things adjusted correctly. At first I was experiencing clutch slipping. I got that adjusted out and everything was fine.

Now I am experiencing a problem shifting. I disengage the clutch and step down on the heel toe shifter and it does not go completely in to gear. Then pops out and is basically like it is in neutral.

If I slow down and disengage the clutch again and kind of stomp on the shifter it will usually engage and be fine but sometimes it just doesn't want to engage the gear at all . It seems to be worst in 4th gear.

Adjusting the clutch either way doesn't seem to help.

I'm not sure if I have a clutch problem or a transmission problem. Or both!

:?:?

HELP!!

:hovering:

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

It is probably the heel/toe shifter giving you the problem. It may be hitting something before it travels far enough to complete the shift.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Hate to say it but heal toe shifters allow riders to put too much pressure on the forks and they can bend or wear prematurely..hope that's not it.

I'd first just redo the clutch install loosen it all up and re-adjust.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well the heel-toe shifter was the problem. It had shifted just a bit and the heel shift was hitting the frame of the floor boards.

I took a grinder and made a small notch in the underside of the shifter so it had clearance and it shifts fine now.

Thanks guys!

:action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.