Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am trying to find a replacement lower mounting bolt for the right shock on my GL1100. It attaches the shock tio the rear drive as seen in the image. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

what seems to be the problem with what you have actually?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

When I removed the shock, the stud extracted itself from rear drive. I could not separate it from the shock.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Use a torch, heat it up good, put it in a vice and pull it out with vice grips . Should work.Or if the shock is no good cut the shock at the eye and split it apart. hope this helps good luck

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

I had one of those do that and never did get the nut off, it is still in the shock best I remember. I had an extra final drive so I used it.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I don't have another final drive but the above solution seems to be a viable option. Thanks for your reply!

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

It appears to be available from Mother Honda for less than $20.

STAY, RUBBER (LOWER)
41303-463-300

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks Ken. I looked but cannot find it. Do you have a link? I'm going to try to salvage the original but would like to have your option available if needed. Thanks...... Mark

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks. My concern is I don't get any product details such as description or a picture. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.