Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Part number for Polaris carb flange?

Anybody know what part number Polaris carb flange he's using?

Also where I can purchase a pict 34-3 carb?

Thanks,

Rayjoe

·
Administrator
57,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I purchased off E-Bay.....Carb came from KOKO Parts and included shipping at the time. VW 34 PICT-3.....
Flange came from Parts Unlimited CARB MOUNTING FLANGE for 30-34mm Carbs.
Worked for me..GOOD LUCK

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ain't legal yet, but I'm getting there. I mounted and wired a 1000 chrome fender and lights on my junker today, everything worked perfect. I dug in my scraps and found an old yellow enclosure, but sad to say no side covers in the house....have to go Trollin' on the Bay. I mounted the enclosure using a 1 1/2" shim. It raises the back of the enclosure but it is imperceptible to the eye,,But it also raises the front of the seat, which throws your weight to the rear of the seat, I do it to all my Bikes. I also found an old Shadow studded backrestpad, and a mountin' frame from a GL1100, gonna fit like a glove to my Plan,,,,,Cause I got a Plan, and it includes Carry'n my Golf Clubs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thinkin about a studded solo seat off a Kawa 500 any suggestions or advice appreciated. Throw over studded saddlebags made to order to hide back of seat area, and will give ample area for storage, and removable golf club carrier. PS..rode 100 miles yesterday, carb and manifold have presented no problem at all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Still can't make up my mind on the seat, lean'n back to factory now, it sure is comfortable. A friend was remoldeling an old rent house and found two mirrors in a nasty old Honda bag. He gave em' to me, they are original stem mirrors for a GL1100, Karma must be say'n its time to go to the DMV and get legal. Tires should be here this week, and I'll be good to go. Been almost three weeks on my carb set-up. Still no problems at all, and I have not put a screwdriver to the carb since the first week. As the motor and everything has loosened up, it is running better and better. Still no down-side has shown it's ugly head. It can't be this e-zee.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Thanks for the link, it is very helpful. I don't want to hijack your thread but I have a question or two about your setup that may help me tune /fix mine.

What size are your jets? The guy I bought my setup from put in larger main and idle jets, and I just cannot get it to not run rich.

And about how long does your choke take to fully open? Even after about 10 minutes of idling mine doesn't open all the way.

http://wolf-pa.us/downloads/Honda%20...Reference.html
This link was posted by Cap'n Midnight when I asked the same question....should answer any question, it is very informative. I did not change any jetting, I used stock Carb, out of the box, but I used these adjustment instructions.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My carb is strictly factory, I changed nothing at all. As for the choke, if I turn on ignition and without starting engine, my choke will fully open in five minutes or less. I would assume you have an adjustment problem, not a choke problem. I have read some users have had to open small adjustment screw a lot more than manual suggests....CHECK FOR MANIFOLD AIR LEAKS...everything is out the window if you have a leak......PS.....next week I will upgrade my manifold, and its' gonna be e-z and still cheap.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
new version

Stuck fittings together but have not glued them yet, I still have to cut pipe to correct length. Pipe and fittings are 1", and pipe is Flex Pvc. Every thing lines up perfectly. At the end of the pipe is a 1" coupling cut in half that will fit inside rubber manifold boot. Only fitting modification, the two short 45s have 1/4 inch cut-off one end at the glue socket, and the side outlet cross has 1/4 inch cut-off the two glue sockets that the short 45s butt against. And that's it............Anybody can do it, less than $20.

GO TO POST #85 FOR BETTER VERSION

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I think this is it.........

Cut pipe to fit, installed carb, rerouted cable, cranked immediately, and after less than a minute idled perfectly, went for a 30 minute ride, ran great...stick a fork in this project...IT IS DONE........and anybody can do it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I like it!!

It is cheap and easy to build with simple hand tools.

If it ever fails, or cracks, it is cheap and easy to replace.

You could build a second one and set it on your shelf in the garage just in case.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This mod gives everyone a cheap option to get the Old Wing back on the road, with out cutting or chopping up the Classic Wing. Just take off the stock carbs, put em in storage on the shelf, you can always go back to stock if you want,,,,,,But you will be Ridin' now, and not Rollin' the old junker around so you can park the mower in your shop.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's a Beast

Still not legal but got tires on this morning so I took a two Hour ride ......Runs and idles perfectly. It will Put you at the back of the seat, it'll SKAT..... I am amazed......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
On that new lower profile what size pipe is that?

Did you actually measure the ID of the pipe?

Is it also 1" sch 40 pipe?

I was wondering what the ID measured.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
This mod gives everyone a cheap option to get the Old Wing back on the road, with out cutting or chopping up the Classic Wing. Just take off the stock carbs, put em in storage on the shelf, you can always go back to stock if you want,,,,,,But you will be Ridin' now, and not Rollin' the old junker around so you can park the mower in your shop.
Nobody, I mean NOBODY! (unless you selling 4-carb oem carb. parts) after riding a single carb conversion, (That is absent of any Vacuum leaks) is going to want to go back to the night mare/NO Riding Zone, that is the 4-OEM carb rack.

:claps: Great job on your conversion, do you have a video of start and run that you can post?

Have you thought about using ABS black tube? But, it may not be a flexible?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I used 1" sch 40 fittings, the pipe is 1" flex PVC it is also sch 40....it needed the small amount of flex so the user did not have to bend the pipe to fit the manifold boots. It is rigid and will not collapse, and with the very short runs used, it supports the weight of the carb securely. The Full Flow 1" side outlet cross is listed for pressure but it is called Furniture Grade because it will not pass plumbing code in some areas. It is all available at Flex-Pvc web-site. The I.D. specs are listed on their website.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
21 - 40 of 210 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.