Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

according to the manual the spark plug covers or caps that plug into the spark plug remove from the wire itself and the rain cover boot that connects the two come off maybe im just retarded or something but how the heck do they come apart?

the rain cover that connects the two is plyable do you just soap it up and pull till it pops off

and the end cap?????? has me confused

i dunno i drank alot last night and i have a bad bad bad headache i should have just kept on drinking jeez.....

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Not to worry, the plug boots un screw from the wire! the rain guard slides off but rubber on rubber is hard to slide. I used WD-40 to lube them. When you put your plug boots back on, trim just a little wire back to expose new center core wire so you get a good contact from the boot to the wire!

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

yeah i figured it out jeez..... i need to start drinkin again.... it says if the boot ends test over 5000 ohms to replace will this cause a miss at idle.. the spark plug wires all test the same even while i shake them and bend them the coils test fine and the spark units are brand new i switched them around thinking that might be the problem,

the miss is on cylinder 3 only at idle and when it warms up to operating temperature it misses alittle but not as bad as when it is cold

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Ya, there is a resister in the boots. I think you can remove them but I just bought 4 new ones! Check plug gap as well, should be around .030 I think. You can open it to .031 or .032 to raise the jump resistance as a trial but sticking to factory setting should be best!

Put a different plug into that problem cylinder to see if the problem moves.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

yeah i have 4900 ohms at 1, 2, 4

and 5050 at cyl 3 i swapped them around and the miss was still at cyl 3 at idle only, i swapped the coils around and the miss went to cyl 1 i believe the same one that cyl 3 was previously hooked too so looks like i need a few spare coils

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.