Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saw the spoked wheels that Lars put on his supercharged GL1100. Question is, where did he get those from? Wondering how a set would look on a dressed wing. 83 to be exact.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I am not sure what bike you are refering to . The Goldwing stopped using spoke wheels at the end of the 77 model . 78 models went to "Comstar" wheels then to cast wheels in 83 . The Comstar was a multi part rim using rivets to hold it all together .

Back the question though . Perhaps this bike has been modded to accept the earlier spoke wheels . Also its possible that a spoke from another model of Honda thats shaft drive would fit .

Its a good question for sure . I like the old spoke style . Not sure how much work I would do to take of the cast wheels and go back though.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

I asked this same question a few years back about spoked wheels for the Wings & no one could come up with any answers.:?:?:?:action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

That may be an 1100 engine but I believe its stuffed into a 1000 frame . thats how its got spokes . By looking at the side covers I think its a 75-77 frame .

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
imported post

That bike belongs to Lar's AKA Octane over at NGW there are plenty of post over there on that bike. I believe he laced up those wheels himself. He had a post running over there when he built that bike it's a Gl 1000 supercharged. Go over there and search post under the name OCTANE. You may have to sign up to see all the pic's he posted while he was building it........ Oh NGW AKA Naked Gold Wings Forums Goggle it

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
imported post

Those are one off custom laced.70's hubs and I believe Harley rims for those old style goodyears. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.