Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So I'm looking and doing research for a new stator for the 82 1100I and I'm curious for everyone's opionion on new stators. I know of several sites that offer updated/rebuilt/new stators for these bikes, and I need to replace mine and would prefer something with more power. So who's the best?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Poorboy's alternator conversion!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

Isn't the Poorboy conversion just for the 1200?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

If you want to keep the stator, just take it to a local electric motor repair shop. If they can't rewind it, then they should know who does. Mine was around $120 CND.

James

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

I put an electro sport in mine and have about 3000 miles on it so far and no problems. It is suspose to put out 20% more power than stock. Dwight

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

the poorboy idea should work on the 1100 just depending if your good at making the brackets because the kits brackets want work. i saw one on here not to long ago but it was on the right side and hung way out. you should be able to get it tucked in some if you don't mind grinding on the atl housing want hurt it and you should be able to mod the fan so it will fit on the left side. i have an 1100 setting here and it looks almost the same you'll just have to improvize. would be well worth it for the extra amps. mines putting out 67amps.but if your not creative pull the engine.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.