Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am redoing my bike and have been having some probs with my radio and it doesn't pick up alot of stations .. so my question is has anyone put a car stereo on a 1100 before??

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

that's what is in both of mine one is a panasonic i pulled out of a truck and the other i

bought at wally world

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Can you posta pic of how you have them mounted ? And what about the wiring?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

mine is same as his sound design ferring mount the wiring is easy because

mostly right at system have no built in cb or intercom

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I mounted my car type radio/CD/MP3 input stereo in the left fairing pocket under the snap down cover. A little custom work with ABS plastic and ABS glue , works like a charm,and stays dry too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

I picked up a marine (boat) radio on ebay..Pyle I believe with wired remote..Mounted it in the left saddle bag and mounted the remote to the left handle bar.. Wired directly into the existing speakers. The marine model is obviously water resistant and resist CD skipping as designed to deal with some bumpy conditions.. It also was adapted to installing "On End" Shotgunner

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

My PO had put one in the left pocket, but not well and I like storage, so I removed it and put speakers into the inside of the fairing and getting a marine enclosure and mounting it above the instrument set. Wiring is no problem, tap into the rats nest that is in there and clean it up.

Now, to cover the space where the factory radio mounts, I got a scrap piece of ABS from TAP Plastics and cut it to fit the face of the lower opening and use that area for driving light switches, indicator lamps, etc.

Oh, BTW, my stereo is a $39 no CD one with 50 Watts per channel. Has SD and USP plugs so no need for a CD mechanism to mess up. The case comes with a flip up face, but I took it off for ease of access.

One really nice thing is that I don't have to lean forward to adjust, it's right at arms length.

Attachments

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

bcassel, I like the braces that are added to your radio. I'll have to make some.
Mine bounces quite a bit on the rough roads. I added a L - bracket under the radio that adds some upward pressure to help with the shaking but it is not enough.

Attachments

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

Made thre braces from aluminum strap and hit them with flat black paint. Nice and stable also give a place to hang an eyeglass case

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.