Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:?

So my wing still wont pass emissions, I have good spark, correct gap, air fuel screws set at 2 turns out, if i disconnect the crankcase breather that connects to the air cleaner would that help? if i screw the air fuel mix screws in that will lean it out more right?

Also when i put my hand underthe exhaust theright side exhaust has more pressure and is hotterthan the left side, and the left side has a stronger smell, the right side has almost no smell,could that be valves? can anyone help?

"ALL I WANT TO DO IS RIDE MY BIKE"

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Have you sinced your carbs to ballance them? What does the test say about the reason it fails?

If your floats are set too high, even 2 millimeters, your bike will run rich!

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

What do you plugs look like on the weak side?? Sounds like you have a firing issues that is expelling unburnt gas...timing off, valve settings off, bad plugs, carb issue, weak spark lots of possibilities.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

Rawly, you sure your bike runs good as per your last thread?

I just don't see how a good running wing can't pass emissions.......I've gotten plated 2-strokes through it.

It seems to me at this point......it's got to be a dead hole or a valve/timing issue. You checked the valves lately? A too tightexhaust valve (valve not seating all the way) on the left bank (2 or 4) would cause what you describe, and probably fail emissions as unburned fuel will be entering the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

speaking of valve adjustments. I did mine twice.. once 2 weeks ago when i changed my belts. I did it per the main section of clymers which stated to set them at .004 then this last weekend i was changing my timing tensioners, and was looking through the clymers addendum. and it shows .004 for intake, and .005 for exhaust.. so while i had everything convenient i redid the valve adjustments.. and it runs even better now... i would double check everything.. oh.. double check that you aren't 1 tooth off on one side.. i found out it will still run.. sounds almost fine.. but was just a tad bit more clicking.. so.. just from my experience.. double check.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,645 Posts
imported post

When setting the valve lash, be sure to err on the loose side, not the tight side.

Sea Foam, a full can per tank of fuel can help.

Setting the idle up higher than normal, like double will usually fake the emissions equipment.

I have done that on a pickup truck and on my 1500 back when it was having carb issues. on the 1500, I just twisted the screw until it was idling at 1800 RPM.

The guy said "turn loose of the throttle", so I did :)

tee hee, Passed with '0' pollutants .

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

you could lean it out running a little denatured alcohol mixed with the gas. it might help if failing due to HC (running rich)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.