1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

need temp rate to when it opens

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
imported post

The 1100 service manual I have says the thermostat should begin to open at 176 to 190 deg. F. Should be fully open at 194 deg. F.

It says to suspend the thermostat in the water and don't let it touch the sides of the pan while heating it. Use a candy thermometer or similiar to check the temperature.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ty bellboy, guess I could of looked in the manual.. stupid me didnt think of it

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

If it's not too much trouble, could you ask your government to adopt metric temperature scales?

I'm fine on gallons and pounds (US, imperial to Liters and pounds to kilos) but I get a really bad brain fart/disengagement/shut down when it comes to Farenheit to Celsius (and back again)

Dave.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

try doubling and adding 30 to C as you go higher like 80c add a little less like 28 gets you within a degree or two..

or

http://www.convertunit.com/

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Or go down to NAPA and ask for a new thermostat (Stant# 13868 or NAPA101). They are cheap 'nuf so save your shop time for other work.

While you're at NAPA, ask also for hose number NAPA NBH7733 which can be cut and used to replace both the upper and lower hoses. You can also replace the radiator cap with Stant# 10229 or Belkamp 703-1445. I assume you have your radiator removed./viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55

By the way, how are your timing belts? Water pump?

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks OldSchool_IsCool for the info. I have not taken the bike apart, just notice its sometimes getting a little warm.. But I also do live in Florida. I just sometimes wonder if my thermostat is opening soon enough. It never gets that close to red, but has got close enough to scare me sometimes, Ive own the bike a year and never saw it go as far as it did in the last couple of days. Just going to get new stat and see if that helps. water pump is fine, coolant level is fine. Oh ill get a new cap to, they are cheap enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.