Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You will need to pull the radiator forward. The top radiator hose attaches to the thermostat housing. two bolts hold the thermostat cover on.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Not hard but you have to remove the radiator maybe the horns..depends where they are mounted.to get at it..after that just a few bolts..and wires.

·
big PIA
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The horn aren't a prob, they were not there when I bought the bike and I have not gotten any yet. Is there an easy way to tellif my water is flowing? i believe i overheated on Interstate yesterday, even tho temp guage did not show it, not sure if water flowing.
Overflow still was fairly full of water, but I did notice some water coming outta a hose at back of motor

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

If the top rad hose gets hot, the thermostat is working. To replace the stat you will take off the saddle, lower fairing panels and fake tank, disconnect radiator overflow hose and the cap. Remove the radiator and take the thermostat cover off.
You won't need a gasket as the stat cover has an o ring.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

If you're going to pull your radiator, you may as well change your hoses too. A quality yet inexpensive hose can be had from NAPA. I even replaced the radiator cap while I was at it.

How are your timing belts? You'r most of the way in once the radiator is out, so consider that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.