Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know what seats and trunks will fit an 83 Goldwing? I am going to try to make my bike like a cop bike! Where the trunk is right behnd the driver. I like the design of the 1200 trunk. I was just curious if anyone has tried something like this. I'm going to use other parts so I can put it back to stock if I need. My wife has a herniated disk, and it doesn't look like she will be riding with me too much longer:sadguy:. I will extend the trunk so it will reach from my back to the end of the saddlebags, and will not sit where it normally did.Total length around 18 inches. Any help will be deeply appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I have seen several bikes set up like you described. It should be quite easy to fab some brackets that use the two fender bolts on each side that would support a trunk on the rear fender and use the backrest on the trunk for comfort and support.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

I'd love to see the finished job.
Grew up watching CHIPS tho I think they were kwackers
Fancied doing the trike up as a black and white but sorry guys the ideal ride would be a 68 dodge polara cop package

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I looking for a cheap trunk and bracket so I can keep my stock one!! Will try to post pictures when I'm finished! This should take a little whle!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Br Dave wrote:
I need a new keyboard!! I hit the keys and they don't respond.
You can edit it up to 99 hrs after you post. Happens all the time especially on my phone key board.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

There is a set up where you can slide the trunk forward all the way to a one person back rest or back for two..I have seen it here or at NGW?? maybe someone will have to exact link..why build what already exists???

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

This post didn't work properly.....But I can't seem to find a way to delete it. I reposted (see below)

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
There is a set up where you can slide the trunk forward all the way to a one person back rest or back for two..I have seen it here or at NGW?? maybe someone will have to exact link..why build what already exists???
I would definitely like to see what this looks like. . .Although I don't think I could use it with the lights I added underneath my trunk, they'd probably hit the saddlebags if slid forward...

And yes, that is snow in the background. I took this picture at the end of March 2011...we still had some piles around that hadn't yet melted.........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I am extemely interseted!!!!:cheesygrin:I hope someone can tell me where to find this!!!!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

By the way....what's that white stuff on the ground? :DI'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio. But I've been in south Florida for 31 years!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.