Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All,

I recently converted my 81 Gl1100 with Krauser bags to factory units that I restored. When I had the Krauser bags on the bike the turn signals were the units that came on the GL1100 standard - they had the stems and were mounted to the Krauser frame.

Now that I have the factory bags with the integrated signals, I wanted to rewire to have both sets activated - the top stem mounted set and the bag set - for better turn signal visibility. So.... I went to Radio shack and bought some bullet connectors and rigged up some wiring that connected both sets of wires into one set then I plugged this into the harness.

When I tested, both turn signals came on but they blinked faster. I got nervous that I was going to burn something up so I reverted back to the stem only setup.

Was I correct in fearing that I was going to burn something up, or was my setup OK. I am clueless with regards to electrical work so I need advice.

Thanks in advance...

JM Wolfe

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

What you need is a heavy duty flasher to replace the stock one. Available at your local friendly parts store.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Like GLester says, a heavy duty flasher. You may find it has a third terminal. I am fairly sure this is a ground terminal. You will need to connect it also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.