Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have everything working on the radio, except the memory and clock. Can anyone tell me the color of the wire that is the memory ? Where does it start and where does it go to ?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The system uses an integrated wiring harness and the power feed for setting the clock and memory settings is part of it. The install manual will show you how it's all connected but will not indicate which power lead is the one you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for information, I printed some pages off and will take them to the shop and see if I can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

I don't know if this will help you or not but the memory wire is one of the ones behind the left turn signal assy with the in line fuse holder in it (I believe there are two fuse holders in there). As I recall it is a very small fuse like a 2 amp or something.
Greg

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

There are two hot wires to the radio; black and red. The black is only on with the the ignition and has full amps. The red on always with the battery connected and is 1 amp max just to power the radio memory/clock. Make sure the fuse is good in the clamshell holder.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
There are two hot wires to the radio; black and red. The black is only on with the the ignition and has full amps. The red on always with the battery connected and is 1 amp max just to power the radio memory/clock. Make sure the fuse is good in the clamshell holder.
I agree with sandcastcb750.
Look forthree white, calm type, (open like a clam shell) fuse holders behind theleft (seated on the bike) turn signal toward the center. Fuse sizes are 5A, 2A, 1A. The one amp fuse holder should have Red wires in and out with a 1A fuse.
With theClarion equipment installed, therewill beseveral of the twist off top fuse holders. Look for the white clam type.
Good luck and please post what you find wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

If the radio works okay, just loses memory and clock, it is most likely a blown one amp fuse. It is just a hair line element.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.