Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My model# on frame is gl1100 1982 1HF SC0203CA205426 can ya'll Identify what model.....It was in pieces when I purchased this bike along with a 81....I've bred the two and used the 82 frame and wiring harness.....runs better than perfect, now I'm tracking down wiring gremlins and I need correct wiring diagram to identify issues..fairings were mixed and jumbled 4 diferent colors but the 82 had fork ears and a headlight bucket.....but the front forks look like they could of been changed......info on model # would be appreciated

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
If you are using the 82 harness then there ya go, it's an 82. The only difference in wiring is the things you do or do not have such as radio and on board compressor.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
If the forks were changed it makes things harder for us. Upload some pictures and it may help us out. Things like engine guards changed over the years on the GL1100, somebody may be able to ID yours if you post pictures.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know its a 82, and I just restored a 82 aspencade,,,,,,,I was hoping the vin # could identify if it is a standard, or interstate,,,,messing with the aspencade I noticed there are different wiring diagrams and connectors for the different models........

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
If the model on the tag on the left side of the steering column states GL1100, it's a Standard. If it reads GL1100I is an Interstate, and GL1100A is the Aspencade. The VIN does not decode to any particular model.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what I wanted to know-----thanks a bunch-----one more thing the front fender and tank cover.......are green not dark green kinda light green, looks like factory........haven't seen color anywhere on webb......did they make a pea green any time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.