Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

comes off the main harness and goes into the fairing on the left side, I think I pulled it out of a connector but could not find it in the fairing. I had to eliminate a rats nest of wiring from aux lights that I didnt want.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It is the ground, look inside the fairing, might be a connector or it is hooked to the bottom plate inside

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

Check it with a meter to see if it is grounded. Never know, there might be voltage.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

It's a ground wire for the fairing. There should be a matching green wire at the connector for the fairing. Nothing in the fairing will work correctly without it. I guess they ran out of space in the connector.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

It's probably a ground wire, but don't bank on it, I deliberately use any color wire I like for aground'cos for 1, I can and for 2, I like to #uck with the people my kids may sell it too! :)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

well i have no idea about electricity. I found another wire not connected to anything that is the same color.

·
1,204 Posts
imported post

Man, if anyonein the world ever neededa schematic, you do!

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Do as they say and test the wires to see if they are grounds or have power to them. The one on the harness that is in the fairing power plug harness is the ground for the fairing on the 1100s. Is this picture the end of it that you are holding in the last picture? Kinda hard to see where it goes from your hand.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

firebrick wrote:
oh hell, where can I get a version of that picture about 10x the size :p
right click on the schematic, save to your files and enlarge from there.

·
1,204 Posts
imported post

firebrick wrote:
Right click on it and set as background, that's how I did it or, you can pull up this wonderful website atyour local Walgreens and print it as large as you like! :)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I have a digital meter but dont know how to even turn it on or what to do with it if it was on, lol

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
imported post

firebrick wrote:
Hey firebrick, take a look at this website. You can make some really big poster size pictures here.... for free!

http://www.blockposters.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.