Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Will the rear wheel from an 83A/I fit an 82A?

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

Yes.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I have 83 wheels on my 82.I like the look better than Comstars.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ginsco wrote:
Ginsco, did you have any trouble with caliper spacing on the front wheel?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

oharaLTD wrote:
Ginsco wrote:
No, just make sure you install the wheel per the manual. I dont have access to the book right now but off the top of my head you tighten the left rear axle nut and check the clearence of the right caliper bracket to rotor with a feelers gauge before you tighten any of the other nuts. I think it was .010 clearence but Im not sure. If you dont have a manual I can check it for you.

P.S. I didnt make it to the post office today before it closed so I will have the package out to you in the morning.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

Ginsco wrote:
oharaLTD wrote:
Ginsco wrote:
No, just make sure you install the wheel per the manual. I dont have access to the book right now but off the top of my head you tighten the left rear axle nut and check the clearence of the right caliper bracket to rotor with a feelers gauge before you tighten any of the other nuts. I think it was .010 clearence but Im not sure. If you dont have a manual I can check it for you.

P.S. I didnt make it to the post office today before it closed so I will have the package out to you in the morning.
Minimum gap is .007", I just had to do this job, but in fact the gap you end up with is much more than that, more like .025'

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

chilidawg wrote:
Ginsco wrote:
oharaLTD wrote:
Ginsco wrote:

Minimum gap is .007", I just had to do this job, but in fact the gap you end up with is much more than that, more like .025'
The gap I have on the outside of the rotor, between it and bracket is pretty large, 3/16" and the inside of the rotor to bracket is almost nil. It is the same on both rotors.

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

There is supposed to be a heavy paper shim between the rotor and the wheel hub, if they are missing it would explain the spacing problem.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I've got the spacers and gaskets in place. Pulled it apart twice to make sure. It sure looks like it could use another spacer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.