Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a GL11000 1981 and I am going through a lot of oil ie 750 ML in less then 500 Kms / 300 Miles. My friend and I have both checked her over and there is no apparent leak and no burn. So where can the oil be going and how do I check ? I forgot to say as well that she is running great with no change in performance.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

burning off at the headers so you can't see it,

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

also if you park it on the side stand a lot.. some does get past the pistons.. I have to add like every two weeks or so. but i do also do have a slow leaky shift seal.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

yeah i park mine on my side stand when you start it each morning you see a puff of somke thats the oil i figure i use maybe 1/8th qt of oil every other week or so if i keep it on the center stand it dosent use any try putting it on th ecenter stand and see what happens

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

My oil loss is about the same and for all the above reasons.

Your fixes are all above so I will add nothing more.

Peterbilt Love the new Avatar. Very foxy!;)

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

> LOL they dont have a hound dog smily thing

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

You have not realy told us history of bike . Is this something that has just started. have you been riding the bike regular or is it new to you or sat for some time. My 79 seems to us oll if I us it for short trips alot.
I just put on about a thousand highway miles and she is still at full mark driving mid 70 mph
Wilf

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Being a newbie to the site I've been cruising the forums and finding a lot of useful info. I was aware of the "side stand... potential start-up smoke" from the PO and you guys have confirmed this. Thanks for the info and I watch the oil level religiously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.