Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am determined to get this right. Does anyone know of a good site dealing with carbs for 80 to 83 1100 G/W? Also has anyone actually done a carb conversion on a pre 80 Goldwing to a carb set up off an 80 to 83 1100. Do any of the jets need to be changed? What about float height? What about pilot screw..how many turns out? All these questions and looking for accurate answers from experience.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all those involved in running this site. It has been a time and money and hair saver more than once!!

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Gilles, here is a classic Wing site at http://groups.msn.com/ClassicWingSIG/general.msnwI followed the carbthread over there some time ago (different posters, same problems) and got a lot of misplaced advice. Lots of people wanted to help over there but only a couple of them actually knew their stuff. With big MSN and Yahoo sites it can be hard to root out the useful posts from the rubbish (however meaningful). I eventually came away with the feeling that;

(1)putting 1100 carbs on to a 1000 fixes some problems but introduces others.

(2) The best carbs for the 1000 were the 79 ones and these work better on the earlier 1000's as well. Far as I recall the 76 carbs were the absolute worst of the lot.

(3) The Cycle Innovations single carb conversion kit on the 1000 isn't a 100% success either, and it costs a packet to buy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.