Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello

I am having a problem getting my clutch installed. My neighbor an I have had it in and out at least 20 times. It seems that after I get the plates in and tighten all springs I don't have enough room for the cover to fit on. The pin hits the lever and I end up with about 1/4 inch that of space between the cover and engine. When I tighten the cover and force it, it bent the pin. The lever on the cover was never taken apart and is correct and seated right working correct. The plates are in order with the larger tabbed plate on last. Washers are all put in correctly. The newer clutch is the exact same size as the old. I measured with calipers. Any help would be appreciated.:)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks.. but no its on right. I assembled it exactly the way it came out. Plus it will only accept the springs the right way. No flat surface for the spring to rest on if it was backwards.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

The cable is not even hook up. The lift rod hits the inside lever and won't allow the cover to seat so I can bolt it on. I'm about 1/4 shy.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

I have aidea for you, install the cover until it hits the pushrod and than hookup the cable, pull your lever and see if there's something binding and if the clutch will release.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

have you looked at the exploded view in the thread about automotive oil curing a clutch condition. It might help make sure something was not missed.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Yes, I have the parts manual and service manual. The center plates rivets broke, that's why I had to work on it.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

ive ran across some aftermarket frictions that i had to file the tangs. trial fit all your frictions one at a time . I ended up breaking the lifter plate not realizing the last friction was binding.JB

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

I've never had anything like this happen to me so I'm of no help. dangit..

did you leave one of the oldfibers in there by accident?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.