Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(

I recently had my bike worked on and when it was returned I have another problem.

I now do not have any power for my CB/Radio - AMP Meter indicator panel.

I check the main fuses and no problem there.

I have checked the owner manual and it indicates that there are several fuses within that system, I think about 5 or 6.

I need to know where these fuses are located and how to get to them.

I called a Honda shop and of course they said that they can not provide me with anykind of manual that would assist me due to copy right. I must say that I do understand this and that the repair supervisor said that he would try and read up on it and call me and give me info over the phone.

Well its been 2 days so I have turned to all of you.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give.:)

William

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

The main fuse box is in the front under the false tank door, beneath the tool tray. There are also inline fuses in the fairing below the left pocket.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

There is 3 clam shell fuse holders in the left pocket of the fairing, these are your main power points for the Clarion 2 audio system. From this point there is an additional wiring harness that spreads out the power to the components. Some of the components have their own in line fuse holders also that have to be checked.

The install manual for the Clarion 2 system that includes the cb and cassette player is the one you want. I also have a hard copy of it that came with some of my system parts.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

On my 1983 GL 1100A the three White Clam Shell type fuse holders are behind the left turn signal light toward the center of the fairing. Several other twist type fuse holders are there for the CB/Radio system too.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

a word of caution on the fuses---do not increase the amprage rateing of the fuses you replace. dont ask----- what will happen.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It sounds like increasing the amperage on the fuses may have caused you some problems like burning something up. Thanks for the hint. I will of course do as you suggest.

William

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I wish to thank everyone for their advice.
It was all helpful.
Well the problem was one of the three clamshell fuses located under the left trun signal.
R and R the fuse and everything is working as normal.
Its great to be back on the road again with everything working.
Thanks again.
William

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.