Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone , I have found thesolutionto my 81 GL1100interstate charging problem.

When the old solenoid went bad I ordered a newone from Ricks through a local dealer. After I installed it I found a few days later that my battery was down and the lights on the bike flicker bright and then dim. I looked every where for the problem , changed cable plugs rewired the stater socket cleaned all connectors and replaced the ing switch and still low voltage ,12.35 volts but some times it would have full out put 14.6 volts then flicker and back to 12.3 volts.

Today I went out to start the bike and battery was low and the lights would not come on even after the battery was full charged. So I started looking for the problem and found when I tapped on the Solenoid the panel lights would go on and off , so I pulled the solenoid and checked it out . I found the studs were not tapped all the way down and a gap was between the nut and the stud and as it got hot the space would be greater and I would lose voltage, I checked the one I took of ,the old one and the studs was fine so I said Lord You have shown me the problem, so a lock washer on each stud and guess what 14.6 volts and not more flickering lights.

Thank all of You for Your help with this problem.

GOD Bless You all and Merry Christmas.

sonnyboy

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i take it that the screw holes you are talking about are the screws that hold the dog bone main fuse . right ? ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.