Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I did a oil change used Seafoam like I was told to. At same time radiator flush and

changed a stuck thermostat. Reading about timing belts decided to change them.

After bike is put back together, the next day I see water spot under bike that has

tiny bit of oil.:(Is this something I did :?:?Or is it just the way my luck goes?:X

Should have said, no it was not leaking before oil change. Is there info on changing

waterpump and seals? Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

If from the weep hole and it's oil and water you have leaks at both ends of the pump..How much seafoam did you use and how long did you run it before the oil change..

Lots of threads on water pump leaks oil and/or water do a search for detailed info..

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I agree with Dan... as long as the oil is not getting into the coolant and the coolant is not getting into the oil, a few drops of either at the weep hole is not an urgency but may be a short term thing after flushing or an indication of problems developing.. keep an eye on it.. and did you check the water pump for looseness??

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

urgency! that depends if you drive far away from home.
if its leaking now and the waterpump seal on the shaft is cracked , it will leak more.
i just did mine a few weeks back and when i took it apart the bearings werent doing their job anymore.
just make sure you check your fluid levels often

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I used 6ozs seafoam and ran about 120 miles. The way oil looked I'm glad I did use

it. As long as the berrings are good I just need to change o-rings?:?

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

DanGl1100 wrote:
.... As long as the berrings are good I just need to change o-rings?:?
Pump seals could be bad also... and IF you get so far as to change o-rings, you might as well change the pump (even though it is $75).... the front cover work uses a $20 set of gaskets (includes everything you will need), dumping the oil and coolant, and more than several hours.. took me all weekend (but I am slow)

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

Dan,
Your new coolant after the flush was "Silicate Free" right?
I have the Honda HP 50/50 Coolant to go back in mine after I run the distilled water thru twice.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

If the water pump is bad you CAN repair it....I know I'm becommingtiresome with that but it's really no big deal, just need some patience!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.