Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new here and first post. I have an '83 GL1100i for which I ordered Add On part# 673-818 passenger arm rests. The instructions differ from what my bike looks like, in that where a 3/4" trunk rack bolt should be, mine is almost 3". Trying to mount the arm rest bracket on the existing bolt will not work, the bracket hits the trunk frame.

I read in this post that there is a difference between 83 and the other 1100's, in that the trunk is bigger, seat is back farther. I called Add On and (Al) did not know why it would not fit an '83 - said they never heard of this before.

I am returning the swing down arm rests, but before I order a different set, I would love to know which ones work for my bike. All the sites I've visited list "Add On 673-818" as the correct model, but I know now they are wrong - at least for my bike. (My trunk, trunk frame, saddlebags, etc, are all factory)

Thanks for any guidance - love the site!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Markland used to have a set of armrests for the 83 model. Don't know if they are still available, unless you get a used set on ebay.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Ya as much as I hate to direct you to this sight I will [Saber Cycles .com] they have a set of Markland turn out arm rests part#040225 $159.00 I put a set on my 82 GL1100I but I also used a seat and truck rack off an 83 GL1100I because it gives you about 3"to 3.5" inches more room I hope this helps you.
Tater

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.