Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Restoration Guru
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping out a single Empi carb for a stock rack of carbs, bike is an 85 and the carbs are 86. Listed in my manual is main jet size 108. My rebuild kits came with 102. Installed in the carbs were 105. I also have spare dynojet jets starting at 108, which according to the jetsrus chart equate to a Keihin 112. So, which do I go with? The 102 are two sizes leaner than 108, the 105 is one size leaner, the dj108 is two sizes richer. Right now the bike is going back to dead stock, but I do have a set of jardines that may go on if I can clean them up enough and decide not to sell.

·
Administrator
25,778 Posts
Don't use jets that came in a kit unless you can size them, they may not be what they are marked as. If you have the OEM jets use them.

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
So, you have aftermarket 102s, questionable 105s, and someone elses 112s. I'd use Honda 105s as that looks like oem according to what info I have. Likely those 105s are oem, but you could get new ones if in doubt.

Jets don't wear from the passage of fuel or air. Needle jets wear from banging and sliding needles and people cleaning jets with wire is a source of wear or damage.

·
Restoration Guru
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the DJ108 for now. I'd rather be a bit rich than lean. I can always swap them out later if needed. Plus the 108s are still in the range between the California and 49 state models (why are the cali models richer?) Jets don't wear out by the passage of gas, but they do get bunged up for other people using the wrong tools. For now the bike starts quickly, runs well and revs out cleanly. Once I get it on the road I'll re-evaluate the whole thing. Thanks for all the opinions!
Whodat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts