Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats it I'm going to dinner before I knock this bike over and drag it to the ditch.

The book shows you just take the two bolts out and.....BLAMO the starts in your lap... I cant get it to budge... I have removed the shifter,and the crash bars and that netted me no space. I really don't want to fool with the exhaust in fear of my bad luck snapping a stud, and It dosen't seem to be interfereing.

HELP!! (hope my dinners tasty)

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
There is an o ring that seals the starter to the case. It can make it a real PITA to get the starter out. There are no other bolts. Just keep working it.
Hold your mouth right. You're okay. However, you may have to remove that rear exhaust stud.
Good Luck

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
In addition to the o-ring 27 years of exposure to the elements can corrode the short interface of the starter and case outside of the o-ring.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
You do have to pull the exhaust stud. I just drop the exhaust as a unit. It is a pita but it won't come out with it in the way.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for those that were losing sleep and worried, I got it fixed. Bought a new starter and battery. Had to drop the exhaust and left rear stud but its fixed now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.