Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am ashamed to say this but I am unable to find the oil drain plug on this engine; is it on the back of the engine right side below the alternator? I know where the coolant drain plug is and thought the oil drain plug would be close to the oil filter

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

You Should be ashamed! HOW DARE YOU!
Just Kidding and welcome to the forum...
Engine oil drain plug is at rear of engine almost in a straight line aft of oil filter. Alternator (actually a stator in a housing) is located on left side of engine as you are seated on bike. Oil drain plug is located on rear right side of engine. Bolt head faces aft.
Get bike on center stand and it should be easy to see. Lay on right side look even with or a bit forward of the rear brake pedal shaft.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Do I get any redemption by saying that is where I thought it was? Thanks for the response..............Don

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

You get major redemption just for the act of ASKING... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

Don't feel bad, my first oil change it took me probably 30 minutes to locate the darn thing:yelling:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I even had the book and it took me a while to find it, there was so much grease around it I just passed right over without seeing it.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

No redemption if you start looking for the left and right muffler bearings while your down there.....lol

Kurt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.