Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my GL1200 going on 3 years now. Almost 2 years ago I upgraded the stereo. Everything was fine till today, when on my second ride of the year my radio dies. Just nothing.
I have found the fuse block beneath the tool / fuel compartment lid. I do not have a manual so any help as to the radio fuse would be great. They all look ok.
Are there any other fuses for the radio?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
As Dave said, Look under the left Fairing pocket. You'll have to remove the soft cover, 4 screws and the pocket lifts right out. You might have to search a bit but there's an inline fuse in there! 7.5 amp the best I remember.....

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
As Dave said, Look under the left Fairing pocket. You'll have to remove the soft cover, 4 screws and the pocket lifts right out. You might have to search a bit but there's an inline fuse in there! 7.5 amp the best I remember.....
I get ignored more often than the stop sign down my street.

·
Administrator
25,337 Posts
I wonder how often people listen thhe go fix there bike and not reply back. He might be riding and listening to his tunes. I hope. :) Prefer they would check back but...........
Post #3 tells me I was ignored.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
Well my friend, a lot of us here still love ya. Last time I saw you, you were gettin' too big to ignore. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Checked everywhere. Main fuse is by the battery and all the rest under the tool / fuel compartment lid. All of those are good.
If it`s an aftermarket stereo there`s usually a 3-5 amp fuse at the back of stereo,I`ve blown mine a couple of times from cranking the tunes too much!!Can`t remember,but I think I put in a 7.5 amp fuse and it`s all good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts