Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm going to replace my pulse generator this week. any tips or pointers would be deeply appreciated.:waving:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

It is an easy job to replace the PG's on an 85-87 1200 since they are located behind the timing belts under the front covers as oppossed to the rear of the 84 engine I usually remove the rad to give me more room to work. Might as well replace the coolant as well. Check all the hoses and clamps at the same time. The big thing to check is the timing belts. It might be wise to change them at the same time if they have not been done in the recent past. At the very least check the tension of the belts. Just remove the bolts securing the PG's and remove them , follow the cable up to the connector plug . Simply reverse this procedure to re-install the new ones..............GM

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry I answered your question assuming that you had an 85-87 1200. If it is an 84 it will be a completely different process..What year is your bike?.....GM

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Just an update,haven't had any trouble since I replaced the pulse generators:action::action:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I was wondering, why did you change the pulse generator? Just curious, I am new to the goldwing. I have an 85 ltd with an electrical problem.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,272 Posts
imported post

kylesmuskie wrote:
I'm going to replace my pulse generator this week. any tips or pointers would be deeply appreciated.:waving:
Before you start, beaware of the routing of the wire harnes as it exits the belt cover.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

85LEgburr wrote:
I was wondering, why did you change the pulse generator? Just curious, I am new to the goldwing. I have an 85 ltd with an electrical prob
After the bike warmed up it wouldn't start after you shut it off.I would have to wait about 15 minutes and then it would start.now it will start warmed up.Good luck with your problem.:waving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.