Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry being new here and lots of questions already. I've been riding and working on motorcycles for over 30 years now. Now I'm a backyard mechanic and I've owned a goldwing or any full body motorcycle. ;)
Does any one make free downloadable manuals or owners manuals. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to take things apart.
Also does any one know what the number the replacement bulb is for the headlight?

I finaly have a day off tomorrow so I'll have more then a few minutes to look it over. I heard it run but still havent riden it. We still have a little snow and ice on the roads.

How do I remove the seat?
Turn signals dont work at all nor the hazard light?

1984 Honda 1200 Aspencade with 86000 miles
Thank you

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
You'll find printed manuals on Ebay at a modest price. Downloadable manuals are pirated and hard to find as the providers are being threatened with legal action.

The headlight bulb is an H4 automotive bulb.

The signals and hazard lights could be the switch, the blinker relays or more dead bulbs.

The 84 seat is unique in that it has the the allen head bolts on each side common to all 1200's but also has a latch under the fuel door.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Hi Fastymz..and welcome, we are sure you will have many more questions once you have ridden her, as Ken said, the headlight is indeed standard auto H4, but if you want something a little better without modification, may I suggest "ACE AUTO PARTS" "Ice Blue" on eBay, they have a "HID lookalike", from UK, but do ship to most countries (xcept mine it seems..get a relative to forward what I need !) or, go true HID itself. (again, probably via eBay) , manual may be available to download for free, but getting quite scarce now.
Cheers,
Peter.

*NOTE TO KEN.....YOUR TITLE..."JUNIOR GRUE"...??...*

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Right side mirror is glass is cracked and base is loose on both mirrors.
Windshield seems loose
Oil looks and smells good, gas and tank look okay from what I can see from the filler opening.
So far vacuum lines look good.
turn signal fuse box has 12v on one side and nothing on the other.

Speedo wheel sensor unit is busted off where it connects to the wheel. Fund a few on ebay for $200 I cant afford that. The tap or ear portion of the sensor is busted off, I'll try and test the speedo unit in the wheel tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Sounds as tho you have got just the perfect machine to be able to "do up" and learn lots by....I imagine the bike has been sitting for awhile?....
We can help getting things "on track" for you I am sure.
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Pull back the rubber on the mirrors to access the screws that they mount with, 3 screws.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant get how well made this bike seems to be, I've always had less expensive sport bikes and the motors are awesome but most of the plastics are cheaply made.
My wife are planning our two up ride in 25 years. Its a 1900 mile round trip ride so I need to have this bike ready to go by at least March so I can workout any other issues that might be hiding.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,911 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.