Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I think I was wrong once!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of headsets in my older open face helmets (with the wire that pluges into the bike) that my wife and I used this last ridding season, they work but I like the full face helemt better than open face and was thinking about blue tooth ready to eliminate the wire from bike to helmet.

I asked for new helmets for CHRISTmas and was given a small amount of cash and was told to purchase them myself that helmets are too personal to just pickup a set and give as a gift. (I agreed with that)

Ok now my questions are..

1) All the intercome headsets with wires to plug into the bike say they are for the GL 1500 and GL 1800, will they work with my GL 1200A?

2) Is there a blue tooth adapter I can install on my GL1200 A that will work with the newer blue tooth ready helmets or do I have to use the wire system to work on my older bike?

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,357 Posts
The answer is Yes to question # 1. I don't know about your second question but someone will be along shortly that does know.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
(1)The intercoms on 82-2012 wings are all the same 5 pin plug at the bike.

(2)Bluetooth, not with the bike's radio/intercom system. There might be some way to make it work yourself, none commercially for the 1200 as you want.

·
I think I was wrong once!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks for the information

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.