Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Down
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what the small o ring is for in the air cut off kit for a 1200 thanks

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
You are using a generic kit for the gl's. That o ring is not used on the 1200.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
What is this air cut off thingy you speak of?
I can't find it on my Canadian 1200.:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
What is this air cut off thingy you speak of?
I can't find it on my Canadian 1200.:ROFL:
I understand the canadian versions don't have a secondary air system and therefore no anti-afterburn valve, but I was under the impression that all 1200's used an air cut as part of carb design. You don't have an air cut valve on the bottom of your intake plenum?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I understand the canadian versions don't have a secondary air system and therefore no anti-afterburn valve, but I was under the impression that all 1200's used an air cut as part of carb design. You don't have an air cut valve on the bottom of your intake plenum?
I haven't had the air box out but I can't see one.

The parts books are of no help as I've yet to find one for Canadian specification 1200's.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I haven't had the air box out but I can't see one.

The parts books are of no help as I've yet to find one for Canadian specification 1200's.
It should be at the forward edge of the plenum. Near the choke lever. I know the Canadian version uses a choke..............Let us know.
Actually, if you have a vacuum hose at the #4 intake runner, you have to have a cut valve, as the CDI uses ported vacuum. What'd ya think?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
It should be at the forward edge of the plenum. Near the choke lever. I know the Canadian version uses a choke..............Let us know.
I'll take a closer look when the rain stops.:sadguy:

Although the lever says choke all I can find is enrichment valves, no choke plates.:wtf:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.