Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery not charging. Voltage not increasing to battery. Checked output leads on alternator and getting low output voltage. (1.4vdc) Should this be checked in a/c instead? If it is bad this would be the 2nd alternator in 5 years. Other one was from bad connections. This one is now soldered. Was working fine before putting bike away for winter. Battery was totally dead this spring though. Put a brief charge on it then jumped from car to get running. Run fine for about 2 miles then died from no input to battery. Sure hope I don't have to pull motor again and again and again if I can not find ongoing problem. It's time to ride in Western Pennsylvania!!!

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I agree with trashtruck. Should be 50 to 55 volts AC at the three wires. Any and all 3 wires wire to ground at about 2,000 RPM. Poorboy is a good idea if failed.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
have you checked for good/bad connections at the regulator and also the solenoid?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need to recheck

It is an aftermarket I believe. I need to check the voltage the proper way to be sure it isn't anything else. I hope it is. Looks like that poorboy is a possibility though. I will get back and let you all know how I made out. Thanks for the responses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.