Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was adjusting the steering bearings the other day on my 86 Interstate and may have pulled up a little too hard on the handlebars to make clearance/access to head bearing adjuster. After putting it back together, I went for a ride and now my turn signals don't work. I think maybe i pulled the wire harness that's connected to the angle sensor at the bottom of the steering stem. Is it a big PITA to remove the angle sensor to check the wires? Do I need to remove the fender, fairing, or anything else to get to it? If anyone has done this please advise.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,391 Posts
You can get to the wires to see if they are unplugged from the under side of the steering head. There is a plate that has to be removed to access the area.
I can't remember where the bolts are, but I remember they were hard to find!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
If you look right at the bottom of the steering stem from underneath and at front you see a flattened pin sticking out of the center of the steering stem and it is in a flat plat that has 2 small bolts attached to the frame. Removing those two small bolts should allow you to slide out the Bank Angle Sensor to the limit of the wiring coming through the stem.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Oh chicken legs don't go there. Those bolts are hard to get out but they are a PITA to get back in if your hands are as big as mine. I always had to come from the top on my 84 GL1200I. Good luck and may the Force be with you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FIXED IT!! Turns out I was right.....while working on the steering head bearings I inadvertantly pulled the wires loose on the angle sensor (inside the steering tube). Removed the sensor, re-routed the wires for more slack then re-connected. Problem solved! Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.