Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've got an "87 Aspencade, and am thinking about replacing the seat. The seat on it is the original, and not the most comfortable sometimes. The passenger backrest is also starting to split at the top, so it is time to start looking. Which replacement choice is best?

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

That depends on personel preference, I had a Diamond custom made so that I can now get my short legs to touch the ground, it is a hard seat, but I can get 4-500 miles with little discomfort using seamless under shorts, them seams can really cut into the circulation.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Probably the best quality replacement would be the Corbin. There are lots of other motorcycle custom seat makers out there too, but Corbin makes a good one.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Best is a subjective thing. Corbin is a well loved seat and is considered top of the line, but some people hate them. I have a Hartco seat on my 1200 and really like it, and it was much less expensive than the Corbin.
My '86 Aspy

John

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Very true about subjectivity. Different seats for different butts.:cheeky1:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Very true about subjectivity. Different seats for different butts.:cheeky1:
Yep, what's cushy for my tushy may not be for yours. :dude:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

I have a Corbin seat on my 84and myfriend has a Hartco on his 87. I find them both comfortable however I like the Corbin better..... but thatsprobably because its moulded to me and my friendsHartco is moulded to him. There are several quality aftermarket seats available and I think everyone would agree that no matter what seat you choose it will be way more comfortable than the stock Goldwing seat.....

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

GLGREZMONKI wrote:
There are several quality aftermarket seats available and I think everyone would agree that no matter what seat you choose it will be way more comfortable than the stock Goldwing seat.....
Definitely. The stock foam would squish down a lot evenwhen it was new, but it's 20+ years old now, and squishes down to the pan and your butt don't like sitting on the metal pan for mile after mile. :)

John

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Tell me about it!I really appreciate all of the input I have received. The only seat that I didn't hear about, that I thought I might, is the road sofa. Is this one any good?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

J C Whitney sells the Saddleman seats pretty cheap. Get the deluxe with the gel pads in them and the drivers backrest.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

hoodad463 wrote:
Tell me about it!I really appreciate all of the input I have received. The only seat that I didn't hear about, that I thought I might, is the road sofa. Is this one any good?
A lot of people are happy with their Road Sofa's, but one story of a not so happy customer sticks out in my mind. You might want to PM jimsjinxand ask him about his experience. Here's three threads where he talked about it, but I don't know the final outcome or if thethird one was the final outcome.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36699
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=37811
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=40267

John

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Whichever way you decide to go if you get new then consider getting a leather seating insert & vinyl side panels. I've had several people recommend that layout for wear & comfort

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I really appreciate all the advise. It will be very helpful in making a decision

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.