Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

need to change brake pads 84 goldwing interstate-what to look for buying brake pads-saw several different kinds whats difference and which ones do you recomend

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

When it comes to stuff like brake pads, caliper seals, I go with Honda's OEM expensive yes, but can you afford to not stop the bike whe you really need to? Some stuff I get aftermarket, but brakes, no.

$0.02

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Do not get cheap ones.. get them from good source. Cheap ones will be bad in less then a month.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've used both Honda OEM and EBC and gotten good service out of both. In fact some Honda shops sell both types.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

EBC Brake Pads Goldwing as per EBC 2010 Catalog

FA69 3 sets Organic

I have been using EBC pads and they have given me good service.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

I think You are refering to the material types not the brand types.

I guess you are looking at
1) sintered metal
2) Kevlar
3) organic
4) ceramic ( if your feeling flush!)

My only experience of sintered metal is yes they stop brilliantly but the wear the discs down really quick.

Kevlar I found not to be any different to organic in wet or dry. They do however have the advantage in very quick stops in slow speed traffic in the wet. They appear to grip first time as opposed to the disc feeling initially to slip as happens with organic.

Ceramic. Well to get these on to an old goldie would entail a few changes to the disc and calipers an to be honest they are only really proved in hyper cars so far. I wouldn't want to stop a bugattei veron at 220 mph with calipers from a goldwing! But then again the brakes from a veron on a goldwing, well I for one can see the rider going straight over the handlebars.

I have come across ceramic impregnated pads for bikes before but I have not used these yet.

As for brands, which I think was not the idea of the post, I'm with Exavid and I use EBC almost all the time.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

appreciate all the replies and help-thanks again,plowboy p.s.dont forget to see the sun rise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.