Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I noticed this little light when I bought my 1984 Aspencade... But, I didn't find anything about it in either the rider manual nor the Clymer manual.

I noticed it came on a couple of times during my ride yesterday, I think it was green. I don't know what triggered it.. Maybe it is a Troll detector, and there was one under the bridge.

Can any of you identify what this little light is? Is it a 'factory' light? (See Attached Photo)

There were some aftermarket Fog lights installed that I removed.. could this have been part of those?

I appreciate any input!
- Craig

UPDATE: SOLUTION! I tracked the wires... They lead to the FAN CONNECTOR! I expect the LED illuminates when the cooling fan comes on!
Thanks! - Craig

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
It is not stock but something that was added by a previous owner.
You will need to trace the wires behind it to see what it runs to, possibly to some added on lights or the fan?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not stock but something that was added by a previous owner.
You will need to trace the wires behind it to see what it runs to, possibly to some added on lights or the fan?
Thanks! That answers my question. ("Not factory").

I'll trace the wires. Maybe it's part of a Flux-Capacitor feature! If so, I'll go back in time and change this post to be a 'How-To' video!

- Craig

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I installed a light to indicate fan operation. If it came on a went off, I suppose that's possible. And you won't have to track down any wiring.

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Maybe it's a....

Lynyrd Skynyrd indicator!

"I've got that green light baby, I'm just rollin down the road....."

(Couldn't help myself)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Led solved!

I tracked the wire.. It leads to the Fan Connector! I've only noticed it come on a couple of times. I'll check it out and confirm it lights up when the Fan comes on!

Congrats GLHonda! You win a Major Award... Probably a Bowling Alley!
2nd Place goes to Gypsy who correctly guessed that It would detect that I am a Lynyrd Skynyrd 'Fan'!... You may receive an Leg Lamp.. from Italy (Fragile')

Thanks for your input!
- Craig

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Hey Hey Hey!

I was the first to mention the fan. Give credit where credit is due cause I sure don't get it right all the time ya know.

Now you can also add a manual switch by tapping into the wire between the fan and the temp switch (which is the ground) to the manual switch, and then to another ground. Now you will be able to manually turn on the fan at any time before the temps get hot, this is great for parades, or hot stop and go traffic, and the normal fan sensor switch will still function as before with the manual switch turned off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Hey Hey!

I was the first to mention the fan. Give credit where credit is due cause I sure don't get it right all the time ya know.

Now you can also add a manual switch by tapping into the wire between the fan and the temp switch (which is the ground) to the manual switch, and then to another ground. Now you will be able to manually turn on the fan at any time before the temps get hot, this is great for parades, or hot stop and go traffic, and the normal fan sensor switch will still function as before with the manual switch turned off.

Sorry! You did mention the LED/Fan as an explanation. Good tip about the fan switch idea. ... Maybe, you can borrow the Bowling Alley sometimes.

- Craig

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
installed them on my motorcycles,works good when u turn on that bypass switch early at a traffic light and takeoff down the road forgetting that its turned on

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Completely pointless, but reminds me of something I did on an old VW Rabbit I had. You could never tell when the stupid thing was in reverse because of a crappy shift linkage and with that stupid push down system that puts reverse next to first, I decided thst was bad. My solution was to wire a red LED on the dash to the reverse switch on the tranny so I could see when it went into reverse. Very ******* and a little embarassing, but hey, got the job done :ssshh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.