Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have recently bought a GL1200 aspencade which i have found out to be a california model (being amateur mechanic makes it a bit more difficult!) it has sat for 3 yrs so i put clean fuel in and a new battery and fired it up an she started but she was rough, she was missing a cylinder or possibly two?? so i removed the carbs and cleaned them and they are ready to go back on but something tells me that this wont solve the problem. when she ran for the first time before clean carbs there was fuel coming from the valve by the fuel fill up cap and it was running into the drip tray, it was quite a flow (if you dont have a CA model you wont have this valve at least i dont think?) the valve is connected to a vacuum canister just to the rear of the fuel pump and it also connects to both rear carbs by some tubes. now im hoping that the carbs were blocked and they were over flowing and forcing this fuel up but if not then could there be some thing else wrong?? any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks Ali

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I think that canister is just the moisture trap canister and wouldn't have any bearing on the flooding.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

the canister collects the vapors from the fuel tank and sends them to be burn i think its all for the emissions for CA. i think my problem lies with the slow jets being blocked and the carbs are overflowing causing fuel to come up through the valve and emptying through the drip tray but i could be mistaken. if anybody has any experience or theories they are welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.