Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi can anybody help i'v just fitted a cb on my 84 aspencade and i'm getting a lot of stator noise through the head set :(i know i'v got to fit a filter but witch one and where to:?anybody give me some info

thanks

alan:12red:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Alan, do you get the static through the bikes speakers as well when you use them for receiving, or is it just through the headsets?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

its through both but it seems louder through the head sets :Xjust want to get it sorted

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

Is it a whine that changes with the RPM's or is it a popping sound? Have you disconnected the antenna to isolate the electrical system from the rcvr?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

I know the Honda filter was big bucks, if it's still even available. Your best bet is an inline power alternator filter. The best one I ever found was a high current model made by Pyramid for car stereo equipment. It was three pwr switching transistors and a couple of filter caps basically I think it pulse Isolated the gnd and hot then filterd them and sent them on their way. It was in a clear plastic tube and cost les than $20. I don't know what you can find over the pond.....

I did a search of pyramid's website and didn't see it. I haven't bought one for years so it may be discontinued. It did take out the whine in my aftermarket AM FM cassette on my GL-1100 and I used one on my Ham radio in the car it worked great there too.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks for looking :Di'll have a look and see whats avalable ths side of the pond

alan cartwright

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Many ham radio sites have info about these types pf filters. I'm in work now so I can't remember any links but you should find some easily enough.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

hoss1200 wrote:
thanks for looking :Di'll have a look and see whats avalable ths side of the pond

alan cartwright
Does this whine stop when you press the brake pedal?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

is there any 1 from hull who can help me ive jst got a wing but dont no were 2 get parts from and i would like 2 meet people from hull with wing so they can help me with mine

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Hello Speedy06,
It might be best to introduce yourself in the introduction forum. You will probaly get a better responce there.
WELCOME to the greatest wing site on the web.
Greg

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Hi there my partner and I have just got a wing, no idea were we can get parts from in Hull theres a cb on my bike. We cant hear anything apart from crackling. It is my first wing, not got a clue to be honest. Can you give me any advice. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.