Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A wonderful thing has happened. The light in my clock has stopped working. Those who have been there, know what fun it is toget tothat bulb.:gunhead:

Anyway, does anyone know if that bulb is available anywhere but Honda?

I know the dash bulbs can't be gotten anywhere else.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Honda doesn't list bulb numbers as they pertain to the aftermarket. They just list: BULB (T4.7) pn; 34908-MJ3-003

I was hoping someone would know an aftermarket number.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Does this link help? 85gl1200 A light in clock It might not work. I have a very slow
connection with this forum and not all of my postings come through correctly.

See also my answer to angrybumblebee. If the light is the one you require I have a
blue one that I could mail to you.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It isn't a matter of getting one. They are still available from Honda with a list price of $3.25 I just wondered if it was a common bulb I could pick up @ Pep Boys, or Auto Zone.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

This is what I've been using. The bulbs are like Christmas tree lights in that they have
two pigtails and can be detached from the base. This allows me to put them in the
bases in my 83. The blue covers also come off and you can colour the bulb differently
with a Magic Marker or similar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

As part of my stereo troubles I pulled my factory volt meter. Assuming the interstate clock uses the same bulb as the LTD volt meter, which I would imagine it would, I don't think you're gonna have much luck finding one at a standard parts store. The good news is I have that one if you want it.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

been reading your post i know it's been a while ago now, I have the same issue, not too concerned about the bulb cover, i can get colored markers, or better yet Superbright Leds have the bulb in various colors, can you confirm that the bulb is a #74 bulb? thanks

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Redriker wrote:
been reading your post i know it's been a while ago now, I have the same issue, not too concerned about the bulb cover, i can get colored markers, or better yet Superbright Leds have the bulb in various colors, can you confirm that the bulb is a #74 bulb? thanks
does anyone know if the bulb is the same with all 1200's, i understand the 84 Aspy had a digital dash but the standard, and the interstate has dial dash. any ideas appriciated.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

It's not a standard bulb. It's the bulb, with the holder. It's available new from Honda or you can get an LED aftermarket.

It's called a T-4.7, I believe.

And, the Interstates didn't come with the clock, so no, it doesn't pertain to all models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.