Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a clunk, not too loud when I brake..and not always, hard brake, soft brake...not all the time...I looked around up in there...nothing obvious

Couldn't be the previous owner, couldn't be the previous owners mechanics...right? after all, two years ago, receipt for a FULL rear brake job- lines, pads rebuilt caliper etc
Just a thing the old wings do....right? yeah

Decided to tackle replacing rear tire to save 60-80 bucks and 4 days wait time.
Upon take down I noticed the right rear shock boot is torn up a bit.
Never having done this job, I didn't notice until reassembly that the #*@$$ who did the job FAILED to align the RR bottom shock bolt into that very cleverly designed recess designed...very cleverly to hold the caliper in place while braking.
It would slam against the rear shock. After staring at it a bit, I thought the reality could have been high speed panic brake, slamming forward- and pinching in between the swing arm and tire causing a rear wheel lock up.

fixed and posted for future searches of rear clunk thunk bang clank

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that she is

but, luck was without its headaches.
I've bled the brakes on this wing now three times. First two times, Like. A. Boss.
Today being the third.
first two times total flushes went so well I couldn't figure out why everyone cried about- both times it took 10-15 minutes to vacuum the contents out, button up and high hard brake....

..... it.......then...............today

what...the...hell.....I chased a flat pedal back and forth for an hour before it finally got the last of the air out, I was pulling my hair, came back here, read half a dozen posts and repeated exactly what i did, finally got it.

AND lost one of the phillips head screws for the reservoir lid :facepalm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.