Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently bought chrome covers for the reservorers and now they leak. According to my Honda dealers computer there is a plastic plate that goes on over the diaphram. I bought these but they look like the underside of the covers and when I put them on the covers will not come close to fitting. Did they change the design of the covers so as not to need the plastic parts? I noticed that the original covers came off fairly hard and my diaphrams do not seem to completely cover the sides, I have ordered new ones. Could this be the problem?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

You need the plastic plate with the chrome covers. There is a small vent slot in the sides of the chrome covers and that's usually where the leak happens. When you removed the old covers the fluid level rose in the MC, so if you draiin off some fluid and refit the covers all should be fine. That often happens with bikes when you remove the covers, even just fitting the old ones will make them leak. Just drain some fluid.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

We've all had this problem with chrome covers. Max is right, just siphon off some of the fluid down to the top of the sight glass and it won't leak when you refit the covers. The hard plactic cover is essential so dont throw it away.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The reason I asked if they changed the design of the covers is that there is a lip (for lack of a better term) on the inside of the covers. The plastic part has the same design, and fits into the diaphram ok, but the lip inside the cover prevents the cover from fitting. Am I not putting the parts on correctly ? Thanks for any help as this is my first wing. Tim

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Tim, the plastic plate has to fit on top of the rubber, not inside it. Just right on top. I'll have a look at my Wing later to see if the plate sits into the chrome cover lip or just under it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.