Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey guys. My clutch has been acting up for months,, Every time teh handle feels sloppy I bleed the systema nd all goes back to normal. I think I found my problem.

The diapragm is distorted maybe from mixed or wrong fulid at one point. The cap will not fit directly over the resevior with the seal fully seated. I believe I am getting full water if not vapors into my master making my fluid useless.

The same with the brake. There is a weep hole of somesort in the master cyls. Everyonce in a while I see bubbled fluid comming out from there and noitice the drip patterns on the bike.

I rebulit the brake maste4r in the beginning of teh season but never replace dthe diapragm.

I want to purchase the clutch master ebuild kit but also would like to get bot diapragms. Where can I get these.

and are brake and clutch rebuild kits the same.??

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,271 Posts
imported post

I doubt that the kits are the same part number but I didn't look them up. The diaphragms should be available where you get the rebuild kits.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

nope I rtried that.
The stealership wants $16 for each plus the tax.
I refuse to pay that much.
I will keep on looking. I even emailed saber to see if they had some. This was the email:

Hello. I have been looking at your clutch master cylinder rebuild kit for the honda goldwing gl1200 aspencade. I want to purchase the kit but I amalso looking for the diapraghm for the master cycl. While I order I will also like to get the diapragm for the front brake master cyl as well.
Teh diapragms I saw were only in the resevior rebulid kit for the 81-83 wings.
Do you carry these parts for single sale.
Thank you fpr your attention.
Jose

Whatever we have is posted. There has been no demand whatsoever for what you have asked for, and until there are dozens of requests in a given year, we do not venture to stock ubscure demand parts.

Call 800--6565 and ask for parts.
-----

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,271 Posts
imported post

$10.35 + shipping at Western Honda so the 16 bucks at your local dealer isn't that bad. I don't know if Western will have it in stock but they have surprised me several times with GL12 parts.

I can't see how the diaphragm could be at fault since it's rubber. The plastic cap over the diaphragm could be the problem.

My bike had amarginal clutch master cylinder and it started failing right after the warranty expired. Re-building and bleeding went on for a decade until I finally found a replacement at a local junkyard. I didn't even re-build that one. Just put it on, refilled it and it's been working ever since.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Cheap Cycle Parts has pretty good prices. Not super-fast, but so far the best prices I can find for OEM.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I have decided to go with honda fr the Diaphragm. It is faulty because it has distorted and it takes alot of nudging and poking to get it to fit , and still not sure if its correct.

And I will stick with Jc whitny for the rebuild kit. Since i will not recieve the parts till teh end of the week, I can buy some more from JC and worry about the diaphragms next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.