Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was about toreplace my clutch fluid today and when I opened up the master cylinder it was just plain nasty in there and gummed up I took the master cylinder off and cleaned all the gummed crud out of it and bled the lines. But when I was putting the parts back together I noticed a little metal tab that covers the small holes in the master cylinder. I just don't know how it goes back in there. It is actually called a "protector". I pulled up exploded view of master cylinder but it isn't clear enough to tell how it goes back in. It has little tabs on it. Do the tabs face up or face down. Can't put back together until I figure this out. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
imported post

As I recall the tabs face down, into the hole. The protector is just designed to be a splash guard from the fluid that comes up out of the hole when the handle is released. Not a critical part- just keeps fluid from squirting out when you are bleeding the cylinder

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

Just went out and pulled the cover off my front master cylinder. The tabs face up. When you push the 'tabbed' section into it's hole the protector part should cover the hole in the master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.