Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new stator in my 87 Interstate, I decided to do the job myself, Now that I have everything back together, I have no pressure on my clutch, I have tried the master cylinder bleed, I can't get any bubbles, I tried bleeding at the slave cylinder...nothing changes. The clutch lever has no pressure it just "flops":wtf: Could I have a bad slave cylinder? :?Did I miss something putting it back together? Or do I need to keep bleeding the line....I am :lash: HELP!

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I had a wonderful tip for you, but since you already removed and replaced the engine, it's too late....
If you broke any of the fittings loose to remove the engine, you're going to have to bleed the system.
Start with the master cylinder. I remove the bango fitting and use my thumb to block the port as I bleed.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a tube on the bleed valve at the slave, and sucked on it.. made sure fluid level was still good, pulled off tube and tightened valve, then I bleed it at the banjo bolt at the cylinder...it worked!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.